All my life I’ve always geared toward the bouncing off the walls, high intensity cardio as the best way to get in a workout, and I’m still kind of there but I have learned that Yoga. Is. Hard! Its not as easy as it looks people! I was sweating after 10 min… and it wasn’t even hot yoga!
So I’ve been looking more into it, been going with a few friends at our local gym and man o man… you learn there is muscles you didn’t even know you had!
Here are some of the wonderful things I found out about yoga and how it can help benefit you.
- It helps your strength and help you tone up
- Posture- Yoga is all about being “in tune” with your body and knowing how your body feels.
- Helps your breathing- your lung capacity often improves because of the deep breathing exercises you do while your doing yoga
- Helps reduce your pulse rate, blood pressure and much more
- Helps mood and sleep
- Weight normalizes
- Memory, concentration, and attention improves
- Can help with anxiety and depression
- Your HDL ( the good cholesterol) increases when the LDL (the bad) decreases
- And the list continues …..
Here are some popular yoga poses, try it at home, go to a class at a local gym, try it in the park or with a friend… see what ya think! .. harder than it looks.. plus you’ll sleep like a baby =)