So when thinking of hydration and making sure your body stays hydrated… you automatically think of the one and only….WATER. (well at least I hope you do anyways..).
But we all know what can be boring and its nice to spice it up a little here and there. So what do you choose? Vitamin water? Gatorade? Water with a hint of flavoring in it? Which is the best and which ones do you avoid because if you read the labels .. they all claim to be “good” for you…. which my lovelies, we know isn’t true!
Now I’m not saying replace your water intake with these, I’m saying its ok to add one of these every one in a while. Your body LOVES water and thrives on it at its purest form. It makes up around 60% of your body and every system depends on it. There is a reason they say 8 glasses of water a day, I tend to shoot for 9 because I like to be an over achiever like that…. =P (standards are around 2.2 liters for woman and 3 liters for men)
OK .. On to the drinks!
- Smart Water- 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 calories + electrolytes .. how can this get any better? .. plus for some reason this water tastes sweeter to me. . . . IDK why…
- Function: Light Weight – 11 Calories, 2g sugar, 0 fat. High in EGCG ( which is a potent antioxidant that’s known to have therapeutic treatment for disorders like cancer, endometriosis and other things. Usually found in green tea. ).
- Hint Water: – 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 sugar. “Drink water, not sugar” is its slogan and it means just that. No artificial sweeteners.
- So.. some Vitamin Waters are better than others. Original ones were loaded with fake sugars and society caught on to that little fact and the company decided to wise up. so which is good? Vitamin Water 10 Lemonade Multi-V : 25 calories. 0 fat. 7.5 g sugar. the new 10 line replaced the artificial crap with rebiana (from the stevia plant). the bad? Vitamin Water Focus : 125 calories. 32.5 g sugar. what a difference!
- Zico Pure Coconut Water: Amazing for electrolytes, no artificial sweeteners or add-ins. less sugar than Gatorade. 60 calories. 14 g sugar. (But its natural sugar)
- Gatorade Natural : Provides the same hydration without all the fake sugar and using natural ingredients like sea salt, natural sweeteners and fruit. High in electrolytes.
- Propel: Low in sugar, carries tons of vitamins, and has no artificial coloring. (I like the berry kind)
- Activate Water : Love these! Loads if vitamins, 0 sugar (sweetened by stevia plant). o calories.
The Bad :
- Fuze : Yeah it carries amazing amounts of vitamin A and E but … it had the same amount of calories as two Pepsis and WAAAYYY to much sugar . 209 Calories. 58 g sugar
- SoBe Life Water : ummm it has like 20g of sugar alone, enough said. Usually sweetened with fake sugars too.
- PowerAde : Full of fake sugars, usually around 200 calories unless you get the PowerAde Zero, which is worse because it has even MORE fake sugars (Sucralose= Splenda).
- Regular Gatorade : Sure it has electrolytes and low calories, but its also filled with high fructose corn syrup and artificial coloring and sweeteners… I’d skip it.
Hope this helps! =) … win and doubt, when your not craving a little sweetness, stick to pain ol’ water, …… its free lol.