I love me some Tosca Reno .. If ya’ll don’t know who she is… look her up, truly and inspiration! She’s all over the place now within the fitness and health world. She has her own Clean-Eating books and everything!
2 lb beef tenderloin, cubed
2 large yellow onions, diced
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 turnip, peeled and chopped into chunks
12 red skin baby potatoes, halved
4 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of green cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. coconut oil
4 cups low sodium beef stock
4 tbsp. tomato paste
2 springs of fresh rosemary
2 tbsp. of dried thyme
1 tbsp. unrefined sea salt
1tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp. herbs de province
1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
2 cups water
1 loaf of whole grain bread (optional)
- Heat oils in large pot of Dutch oven over med- high heat
- Add onion and beef, and cook around 8 min till beef is brown on each side. Stirring frequently to keep it from sticking.
- Add carrots, parsnips, turnip, potatoes and garlic and mix well. let cook 10 min.
- Stir in stock, tomato paste, and seasonings except rosemary. lay rosemary springs on top of mixture.
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add cabbage and let simmer for another hour.
- Remove and discard rosemary springs, add more water id stew is too thick.
- Serve into bowl and serve with bread.