So I get a lot of questions on what to buy at the store. How do I know how to pick out produce, and such. So without further ado.. Here is my “everyday grocery shopping list”.
- Most of the things like condiments I already have stocked up so you’ll only have to buy things like that every so often.
- Also when buying produce keep in mind that this stuff goes bad fast, so only buy what you think your going to eat within that week. (Learned that lesion the hard way!)
VEGGIES – feel free to add other favorites!
- Romaine Lettuce
- Any other “salad” Mixes you’d like
- Baby carrots
- Tomatoes (baby ones, and big ones)
- Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green, and Orange)
- Green Beans
- Chives and Onions
Fruits -Feel free to add other favorites!
- Lemons (for cooking with and water)
Lean Meats and Protien ***grass-fed and hormone-free is ideal**
- Tuna (in water)
- Skin-less Chicken Breasts
- Ground Turkey
- Low- Sodium Lunchmeat
- Turkey Bacon
- Salmon (wild caught)
- Lean Beef
- Eggs and Egg Whites
- Other fish is good too.
- *** Any kind of Game meat is awesome for you as well because its in its natural environment and its “grass-fed”. (Antelope, Deer, Bison, Elk, Pheasant etc. )
- Brown Rice
- Baby red Potatoes
- Quinoa ( this also comes in a noodle form-by far the best gluten-free choices)
- Whole-wheat Bread (or Gluten-free)
- Sweet Potatoes
- OLD-Fashion Oats
- Low-Sugar and Low-Carb Cereals
- Skim or Low-Fat Milk
- Almond or Coconut Milk (Dairy Free)
- Greek Yogurt
- Low-Fat Cheese (string cheese options are available in this too)
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews and Pistachios
- Stevia (liquid and sugar form )
- Balsamic Vinegar (almost any “clear” type of dressing is better than the creamy kind)
- Agave Nectar
- Flax-Seed Meal (to put in oatmeal and any baking goods)
- Water (obviously) -try to get a BPA free glass container then your saving the environment too!
- Green tea (not pre-made, but the tea bags)
- Getting Started With A Gluten-Free Diet (viewpoints.com)
- “Eat to meet long term goals, not short term satisfaction” (fitnessmassterminds.com)
- How To Shop For Gluten-Free Food (viewpoints.com)