So if you haven’t notices probiotics are kind of everywhere. They have always been around (mainly in yogurt) but as America grows more health-conscious I’ve noticed them being advertised more. So why are they important? what’s so special about these so called probiotics?
OK so lets start and the basics here, your gut. – Your gut is full of bacteria (don’t worry most of it is good bacteria). Sounds weird right? Well there are good bacteria and bad bacteria. Now you don’t necessarily need to take a probiotic or down a shit ton of yogurt to be “healthy”- but it doesn’t hurt to make sure you give your immune system a little boost every now and then. Probiotics can help with digestion for those who have a hard time digesting food, and can also protect the body against the harmful bacteria too. So all in all, I like them.. I make sure I eat a yogurt every no and then… (yes dairy free yogurt still has probiotics in it -YAY)
Its always a good idea to take a probiotic when you’ve been sick or you feel like your coming down with something too because it will help fight off those “bad bugs- bacteria”. Things like stress, poor diet, your pH level being off, taking antibiotics to kill a virus like strep for example… your body needs to re-coup and get thriving again, load it up with a little probiotic love~!! =)
You can get your probiotics from things like yogurt, pill form, sauerkraut, kefir, Good Belly brand products (dairy free) just to name a few… Id take the food form over a pill any day, plus if you eat lots of fruits and veggies, it will make a more friendly environment for the “good” bacteria to grove and thrive.
- The Importance of Prebiotics and Probiotics in Your Diet (nutrition.answers.com)
- Probitotics and Healthy Bacteria for Gut and Digestive Health Video Published by HealthNewsWires.com (prweb.com)
- Probiotics for Flu Prevention? (everydayhealth.com)
- Experts: Probiotics may help keep your gut happy (redding.com)
- Probiotics help your body inside and out (miamiherald.com)
- So what is so great about Yogurt? (skinnywrapsofwisconsin.com)
- Phillips’ Colon Health Probiotic Caps Review (healthcarewomen.wordpress.com)