Assess your lifestyle now. How are things going on with your life? Also think about the people around you….
Look at the food:
- Are you eating healthy?
- Can you eat healthier?
- Is money for food an issue or worry?
- Have you tried eating healthy and just didn’t like it? What didn’t you like?
- Do you feel better or worse when you eat healthy?
- What does your average meals look like?
- Do you like to cook or prepare meals?
- Do you know how much you eat or how much you don’t eat?
- Is snacking an issue for you?
- Do you feel like you don’t know what’s healthy and what isn’t?
Look at the physical exercise:
- Do you workout? If so how often?
- Do you get into ruts where you workout for 3 days straight and then quit?
- Do you not know what to do when you step into the gym?
- Do you like any other sports or activities? (i.e. running, hiking, walking)
- Do you feel self-conscious when you walk into the gym?
- Does exercise hurt?
- Would it be easier if you had a workout buddy?
Look at the Emotional/Mental side:
- Do you think negatively about your body and/or life?
- Are you depressed? If so why? (work, school, friends, family, weight, love life, social life)
- Do you eat /not eat when stressed, busy, bored, upset, sad ?
- Do you crave certain foods? (salt, sweet)
- Did something happen recently or in the past to cause trauma? Have you looked for help if so?
- Are you ready to loose weight? If not why? If yes, why? Create pros and cons.
- Are you afraid of failure?
- Do you think its going to be difficult?
- Are you scared of change and are you intimidated by it?
** IF an injury is present, seek medical help from your primary physician and if there are emotional issues, might want to talk to someone about that too. I know its scary at first, but its worth it not only for your healthy but for your well-being. **