So as you guys know, I’m training for my first fitness competition! So excited/nervous haha! This is one of my workouts I do on top of an hour or cardio. This usually takes me around an hour to complete too. (meaning 2 hrs total) Try to have minimal rest time between everything too.
Also, I mix up the sets too. Like #1 says bench press, then over on the right side, (in the parenthesis is a cardio move), so I do one set of the bench press, 11 “reps”. then Jump rope 30 seconds in between each rep.
So it looks like this basically :
Bench press (11 reps) Jump rope 30s. Bench press (11 reps) Jump rope 30s. Bench press (11 reps) Jump rope 30s. …. Making 3 “sets”. Next , Pec Fly (15 reps) Mountain Climbers 30 seconds, Pec Fly (15 reps) Mountain Climbers 30 seconds, Pec Fly (15 reps) Mountain Climbers 30 seconds.. So on and so forth.
Workout Sets x Reps Mixed Cardio
1. Bench Press 3 x 9-11 (Jump Rope 30s )
2. Pec Fly 3 x 12-15 (Mountain Climbers 30s)
3. Leg Raises 8R x 20s (10s Rest)
4. Smith-Machine Squats 3 x 9-11
5. Lying Leg Curls 3 x 9-11 (Squat Jumps x 11)
6. Leg Extensions 3 x 12-15 (Step Ups 30s)
7. Tight Crunches 8R x 20s (10s Rest)
8. Lying Skull Crushers 3 x 9-11 (Step Ups 30s)
9. Bench Dips 3 x 12-15 (Jump Rope 30s)
10. MB Side Twist 8R x 20s (10s Rest)
Reps are the number of times you do the exercise. Example 9 to 11 reps, so lifting 9 to 11 times.
Sets are the number of times you complete the rep. So 3 “sets” of 9-11 “reps”
s = seconds
8R x20s = 8 rounds (do 8 times) for 20 seconds with only 10 seconds of rest
MB = medicine ball.
- Its all about being Strong, I didn’t Say BIG, I said Strong!! (chrisrigbyfitness.com)
- DWR: Tricep Day  (gymbro.wordpress.com)
- Backyard Circuit (caseywilson-thenut.com)
- All You Did Was Squat? (bloodandiron315.com)
- Workout 1 – Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (martinjohnblog.com)
- Workout of the day for the week of 7/22-7/28 (mhousetraining.wordpress.com)
- The Top 5 Best Triceps Exercises (projectswole.com)
- Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (greenteablissfully.wordpress.com)