So just because this is supposed to be your “relaxing and calm” time to yourself or with the family doesn’t mean you can’t stay on track with your new and improved healthy lifestyle. Don’t get me wrong, relax by all means but where ever you go I’m sure there will be plenty of fun activities you can do that will be form of exercise so you wont feel like you’ve “fallen off the wagon” when you get back home.
You probably are going to plan some activities anyways, why not make them a fun workout too. =)
- The Beach– Go for a nice sunrise/sun set run or even walk. Swimming. Paddle boarding. Swimming with dolphins. Deep sea diving, take a surfing lesson. Do some sunrise yoga. Set up a volleyball net and meet some new people. Frisbee. fishing (if allowed). Even building a sand castle will burn calories! Canoeing. Be a kid and go jump some waves.
- The Mountains– Go for a hike, a run, or walk. Camping. Dirt biking. If its winter, Skiing, snowboarding or even sledding. Zip-lining. rock climbing. Canyoneering. (I like how I’m from Colorado and I can’t think of more….. LOL)
- The City– Explore, walk, run, jog. If it’s a busy city they might have a race going on the week you’re there.
Explore online different things in the destination you choose that you and/or family could do the week of your vacation. There is a few sites out there that are geared toward more physical activity and you can usually narrow down what you want to do by location and how many people will be with you.
- Adventure finder.com
Plan ahead and look at different resorts. Do you want a resort with a gym? a pool? Some resorts have classes you can even take.
- Staying Active on Long Weekends (foodandfunontherun.com)
- 5 Reasons for an Action Packed Vacation (epicatravel.com)
- My eight-week challenge: How to keep up the workout while on vacation (theglobeandmail.com)
- You Need a Vacation. Really. (thehartford.com)
- First Vacation as a “fit girl” (echerbalifeus.wordpress.com)
- 8 Tips for Getting Back on Track After a Vacation (fitnessandfeta.com)
- The Value of a Vacation (janetfarley.wordpress.com)
- Taking Fitness on the Road (ibehaviorcoach.wordpress.com)
- The decision to live healthy (herbalyoga.wordpress.com)