When wanting to loose weight or even practice clean eating prepping meals ahead of time can make it soooo much easier to stick to your goals. So next day you have (for most people its Sunday) take a couple hours out of that day off work to prep all your meals for that week.
Whether it be for just you, you and a significant other or even a big family, meal prepping can be easy and effective. Plus it makes it super easy when you get off work and don’t really feel like preparing a meal for the family. haha.
There are tons of resources out there (blogs, pinterist, Google, you name it) to find clean eating recipes and frozen dishes. Ideally you’ll want to do foods that don’t go bad fast and eat the ones that do sooner in the week rather than later.
I usually just prep my dinners because that’s the hardest. (usually some form of lean meat, veggies and a sweet potato or brown rice). For breakfast its usually something simple and quick like oatmeal (I can even put that in Tupperware and eat it on the drive to work) or sometimes I’ll prepare some scrambled egg whites with mixed veggies when I’m doing the meal prep too so then ill have a little bit of a mix for my mornings.
Usually prepare my lunch (usually a salad) the night before, throw some lettuce mix in a bowl, add a shit ton of veggie and viola!
But I mean you can find healthy options that you could probably freeze (like a lasagna) and be fine too. Find out what the family would like to eat, make a plan and stick to it! =)
- Meal Prep – Make life easier! (euphoricfitness.wordpress.com)
- Lunch Prep Made Easy (potterybarnkids.com)
- You are busy – so let’s talk about food prep! (leighnoelle.com)
- Meal Planning and Prepping for One (kaitiedid.wordpress.com)
- Food Prep (lornaperozzo.wordpress.com)
- Meal Prep- FAIL! (phatgirlgetsfit.wordpress.com)
- Try These Cooking Tips For Some Great Meals! (diariesofarealtor.wordpress.com)
- Oven-to-Table Recipes for Entertaining (blogher.com)
- An Introduction to Freezer Cooking: How Freezer Cooking Can Save Money & Time (thekitchn.com)
- What are your Top 10 Tips for Competition Prep Happiness? (nicolephinney.com)