So besides that they are high is Omega-3’s , everyone pretty much knows that, there a re many other health benefits to the pink fish we call salmon!
- The protein in Salmon and fish in general is easier for people to digest and absorb its nutrients. Its an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids like mentioned above but its also high is vitamins A, B and D. This type of protein helps muscle and tissue growth as well.
- One piece contains 1/2 of your daily B12 recommendation.
- With its high Omage-3 content, it helps with things like inflammation, diabetes, heart disease and much, much more!
- Works against aging, along with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Helps speed up metabolism.
- Helps with lowering blood sugar levels and with sugar absorption.
- Gives you vibrant skin, hair, nails and brighter whiter eyes.
- Helps improve or prevent depression.
Prepping can go so many different ways. I personally love to grill it on some tin foil with a little bit of olive oil and spices… but you can bake it, broil, poach and even steam it. Doesn’t really require any seasoning to be tasty but you can definitely get some different types of meals with different seasonings. ex. Italian, mango, chili, brown sugar, rubs, marinades, sweet and tangy. . . . the list goes on! You can have it plain, mix into dishes or even have it as a breakfast option!
Wild caught salmon is the way to go, that way your not eating all the hormones and antibiotics. But if its too costly (which it can be) you will still get most of the amazing benefits with farm-raised fish as well. Store in freezer or the coldest part of your fridge.
- Smoking Salmon (bestsuccessway.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Tidbit – Salmon (hearthealthybeats.wordpress.com)
- Foods4BetterHealth Reports on Study: Oily Fish Can Slash Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk in Half (prweb.com)
- Health Benefits Of Salmon Fish (razaky.com)
- Smoked Salmon Recipes (bestsuccessway.wordpress.com)