Yup! You read that right! Play with your food! LOL.
Ok, ok, … I don’t really mean it literately.. but what I do man is get creative, have fun coming up with your own recipes, or finding new ones online! I personally like to get inspired through blog, pinterest, instagram and do my own “twist” on it! (usually making it healthier!)
When it comes to changing your lifestyle, eating better or eating clean it can either get boring (because you feel like you eat that same thing over and over all the time) or it can be overwhelming because you don’t know where to start. Hell, you may even feel like you have to follow a specific plan to the T to get any results. (which usually isn’t the case).
when it comes to clean eating, its all about using food for fuel. Your body needs food to keep it running just as a car needs gas to keep it running. A car that has premium gas, frequent oil changes and is taken good care of it lasts longer and runs better. Same thing with your body. A body that is fed a healthy balance of the nutrients it needs and is taken care of it functions better than a different body that is fed fast foods and processed crap all day.
So when you look at foods and what “healthy” and not, think of it as fuel.
Is this going to keep me energized and going all day or am I going to experience a sugar crash at noon?
Is something or someone influencing this food choice? Is it good or bad?
Am I eating a lot of one food group (ex. Carbs/grains) and not getting enough of another (fruits/veggies)?
Am I actually hungry, or an I bored or stressed?
Am I feeling full and satisfied after one meal or do I feel like I constantly need a second helping?
All of these questions are something that you should be naturally asking in the back of your mind when you either are making a meal, planning one, or even considering eating something you know you probably shouldn’t be.4
And like I said, find new recipes and HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!
- 12 Things Selective Eaters Want You To Know (mealtimehostage.wordpress.com)
- Mindful eating: 5 easy tips to get started (mnn.com)
- How to Eat Whatever You Want and Still Lose Weight (projectblissful.com)
- Protein Sources are You Getting Enough (thetexasfoodnetwork.wordpress.com)
- The 4 simple shifts that improved my body and health (elainebrisebois.com)
- Fast-food Restaurants (tvogt1792.wordpress.com)
- Advantage and disadvantage of eating at fast-food restaurants (jl635dotcom.wordpress.com)