I love nut butters! Especially almond butter (if you cant tell haha). Nut butters are a great way to get protein too!
When looking for nut butters, look for more natural ones that contain less sugar. Ones that have sugar listed as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient- put it back on the shelf and find a different one! Also try to avoid partially hydrogenated oils – they are high in trans fats!!
*the top two are my personal favorites! *
So which are some good picks?
- Earth Balance – Most of their stuff is vegan, 100% natural, Gluten-free, Non- GMO.
- Justin’s- Most of their stuff is vegan, gluten-free, kosher, Non-GMO, and Organic. (its also made in Colorado ;))
- Teddie All- High Protein, low carb, no cholesterol, all natural.
- Barney Bare- Doesn’t use sugar or salt. They have different flavors too. . .
- Smuckers Organic Natural- Natural, low sugar, high protein.
- BOOKS: Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson; Linguini with Thai Pesto (savethekales.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Nut Butter (salixisme.wordpress.com)
- Easy, healthy snacks for your child’s lunch box (kfor.com)
- #Peanutbutterjellytime (emilynolin.com)
- my favorite quick, healthy + gluten-free breakfasts (daybydaymasterpiece.com)
- Cook Fast, Live Young: Snack Healthy, Snack Cheap (savings.com)
- Eat Like a Bird (spoonful.com)
- Quinoa & Nut Butter Granola Bars (glutenfreegirlglutenfilledworld.com)
- Simple Snack: Banana, Nut Butter & Cinnamon (theglutenfreeyogi.wordpress.com)
- Simple Snack: Banana, Nut Butter & Cinnamon (theglutenfreeyogi.com)