Green or black, olives are great for you! Just keep in mind moderation is key with them because they are higher in fats
- Some key things that olives help with that they are very rich in mineral content. (phosphorus, iron, magnesium, iodine.. to name a few)
- They also oleic acid which is beneficial to helping the heart.
- They provide essential amino acids and vitamins.
- Cancer Fighting Properties – particularly colon, breast and skin cancer. They are higher in monounsaturated fats, which can help reduce inflammation.
- Good source of fiber
- They are known to act as a pain reliever, mimicking the same affect ibuprofen would have on your body. A compound called oleocanthal is what causes this, lowering any inflammation.
Things to put olives on or add with:
In a salad
- In scrambles egg whites or an omelet
- Add into burritos or any Mexican dish (my fav is fajitas!!)
- Have plain as a snack
- Cut up and put into hummus
- Take a piece of toast put some guacamole or hummus on it and top with sliced olives
- Put on top of a potato
Ps Olives are my favorite food, a get a case of them every Christmas! =)
- Olives (redjuice777.wordpress.com)
- Why Olive Oil leads to weight loss? (imadweightloss.wordpress.com)
- Is Saturated Fat Really Bad For You? (drlevick.wordpress.com)
- Olive Oil Basics (toxicfoodie.org)
- Why is olive oil good for you (depinarolives.wordpress.com)
- 4 Ways olive oil can make you healthier (dolcevitadiaries.com)
- Olives (nickylinzey.blogspot.com)