- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. chopped, fresh oregano
- 1-3 lbs ground lean turkey
- 1 can of chipotle chillies in abobo
- 3 cans no-salt added chopped tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Any toppings you’d like. (Lettuce, tomato, cheese, guacamole, sour cream… <— Plain Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream.)
- Whole wheat tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Stir in onion until onion is soft and lightly brown. Then add cumin and oregano.
- Add turkey, and raise heat. cook until liquid evaporates , and meat is pretty much cooked all the way through. Add tomatoes, chilies, salt and pepper. Cook till liquid is almost gone and serve.
- Assemble tacos as desired.
*** I did not come up with this recipe, I got it from Health Magazine. **