Its good to eat something little before a workout! ( I usually have 1/2 cup oats every morning.. just enough to take away that hunger fast I got while I was asleep ) But post-workout snacks are just as important too! Here are some amazing (and healthy) post- workout snacks!!!
** Post-workout = after your workout**
Think high protein and good carb! =)
Protein shake with fruit. (my first choice is a banana!)
1 cup cottage cheese
- Almond/Peanut butter on whole wheat toast or pita bread
- Hummus on a pita bread
- Turkey rolled up in a Whole Wheat tortilla.
- Banana or apple with 2 tbsp. almond/peanut butter
- Dried fruit and nut mix (shoot for lowest sugar you can find… and with minimal m&m’s lol. )
- Fruit smoothie (with protein powder and chia/flax seed)
- Egg whites on toast topped with avocado
- Turkey and tomato wrapped in whole wheat tortilla
- Egg while veggie omelet
- Chocolate milk with fruit