So I failed at my first attempt in making a pizza crust out of cauliflower, it practically came out like mush lol. But this second attempt was perfect. ANNNNND I got to eat the entire thing because it was so low carb/calorie, so that was awesome, especially since I was craving Italian =)
So… I know this sounds and well looks kind of weird haha especially since I used purple cauliflower ahhaha! But give it a shot it actually was really good, curbed the need for pizza and eliminated pretty much everything that isn’t to hot health wise when it comes to pizza! BOOM!
( you can add any toppings you want! .. Im just specifying what I personally used since I’ll be adding up the macros at the end)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower ( or enough to make 2 cups of crumbles)
- 1 egg
- Any natural spaghetti sauce you’d’ like, I look for the ones with the least ingredients and lowest calorie and carb ( since my mission was to make it specifically low-carb )
- Shredded Cheese ( I had to used dayia brand because I have a milk allergy but any low-fat mozzarella will do )
- Meats! .. I seriously wanted pepperoni haha but since I’m in another competition prep …. I just crumbled 3.5 oz of turkey onto it instead.
- Any veggies your heart desires! I did peppers, red onion, cilantro, grape tomatoes…
- preheat your oven to 425
- Grate the cauliflower head till you get about 2 cups worth of the shavings, place in a bowl and microwave for about 4 minutes so it becomes soft. And let cool ( goes faster if you put it in the fridge)
- once its cooled, dab any of the moisture out of it with a paper towel and add the egg, mix together. it should be kind of doughy.
- on a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet ( I found the thinner it was the better the crust was more hard and “crust like”. Bake just the crust for a few minutes ( mine took about 5) Until its not really doughy anymore.
- take it out, add sauce, and all toppings , place back into oven for about 10-15 min ( until crust is hard and toppings are cooked or melted)
- take out and enjoy!
Nutrition info : Calories: 278 Fat: 9g Carb: 23g protein: 22g