So with my diet being pretty limited to veggies and meat mainly haha, I’m always looking for new ways to spice it up!!! So I made KALE CHIPS! … (even my boyfriend liked them… which was a surprise! ) <— ps. I love when he likes my health food hahah.
Ok enough bibble -babble! On to the Recipe!!!!
Its suuuper simple too. YAY!
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- A bundle or two of fresh kale, washed and chopped.
- 6 Garlic cloves, chopped. (or more if ya want… I’m a garlic freak so if you ever ask me… you can never have enough garlic!!!)
- 1-2 tbsp. Sea Salt (one if you use one bunch, 2 if you make 2 bunches worth)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice or one whole lemon freshly squeezed.
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- Wash Kale bunches and chop off ends, and then chop into “chip” size pieces.
- Pre-heat oven to 325
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients. (Olive Oil, Lemon, Salt, Pepper)
- Place chopped up kale into bowl and mix around so the oil gets all over it all and you can even let it marinade for a while if you’d like. ( I let mine marinade for about 15 min)
- On a baking sheet, spread out kale pieces onto sheet and then sprinkle the chopped up garlic cloves on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 min until the kale pieces seem crispy at the end.
- Let cool, and ENJOY!!!
Note: it helps if you every once in a while toss the leaves so some don’t end up burnt.. ( you know the ones on the sides of the pan) . …. lol.