So a lot of people are currently already gluten free or going gluten free. Here is a shopping list for all the things you CAN eat when going gluten free so it doesn’t seem so scary and overwhelming! =) Enjoy!
Also here are some things “gluten” is otherwise called on labels. Read them!! So these are the “no-goes”. Also I listed some basics that are a “No” as well. . . . .
- Wheat, Barley and Rye
- Brewers yeast
- Malted milk (or virtually any thing with the work “malt” in it.)
- Oats (there are gluten free oats now, just have to find them)
- Wheat bran
- Some crackers
Here are some things you might want to check out before buying, they or may not contain gluten depending on the product and brand:
- Bread and Pastas
- Cereals, cereal bars
- protein bars and powders
- Some flavored coffees and teas
- Seasonings and sauces
- Salad dressings.
So what the hell can I eat, You maybe be asking? …
- Produce! Any fruits, veggies and all the above! lol
- Herbs and Spices (be sure to look at some marinades and rubs, some contain gluten!)
- Meats and Fish (beef, chicken, fish… check the package for additives, and if you can buy grass fed you’re better off)
- Oils, Mayo, Mustard, salad dressings (check labels) .
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurts, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter.. A lot of non-dairy as well like Almond milks and yogurts
- Eggs, egg whites, and tofu
- Rice cakes, pop chips, rice crackers, jello, chocolates, dried fruits (check labels) .
- Quinoa, buckwheat, flax, seeds, almond flour, there are even pre-packages brownies!! Yum
- Peanuts and almond butters, nuts
- Juice, coffee, teas
- Puffed rice cereal, Chex mix cereal, there are special gluten free cereals too.
- Look for special “gluten free ” foods too! There are more options now!!
Here are some Awesome “gluten- free products” that are already out there. Most of them you can find at your local supermarket, Whole foods or farmers market! Shop around, try new stuff and .. in a way have fun with it! Don’t get overwhelmed and be positive! Also Google recipes, get in pinterist or intagram.. find blogs (I have a few recipies on there that are gluten free too) .. get a cook book. Have fun with it!
- Breads – I like udis (they have different kinds too) . But there is also Kinnikinnik Foods Brown Sandwich Bread, Whole Foods Market brand makes a bread, Food for life brown rice bread, EnerG Tapioca bread and Glutino brand.
- Cereal – Chex rice, Natures path, Enjoy life Brand , Rice Crispies, Barbara’s brand, Arrohead Mills, and I believe Kashi makes a few too!
- Pasta- I love Quinoa pasta the best, but there also is veggies pasta, brown rice pasta, you can also make pasta out of spaghetti squash!
- Oats- bobs red mill, udis,
- Begals- vans naturals, udies, .. they even have waffles!! YES!
- Pre-made Meals – Amys brand is good, Boars head brand, … this stuff is usually pretty pricey so you learn how to make your own “gluten free” foods pretty fast! ahaha.
- Brownies and goodies! – Betty Crocker makes brownies and cake mixes, udis, French meadow bakery, bobs red mill..
- Where to buy Gluten Free/Lactose Free in Dubai (begonegluten.wordpress.com)
- Carol Fenster’s Back-to-School Tips for Gluten-Free Meals (prweb.com)
- Gluten-Free Products Market by (Bakery, Breakfast Cereals, Meat &… (prweb.com)
- The Pillsbury Doughboy goes Gluten Free (theglutenfreemum.com)
- Gluten free cocolate tea cakes – desired the world over (goodnessdirect.co.uk)
- This Gluten-Free Thing Is a Really Overblown Fad! (marksdailyapple.com)
- Packing Gluten-Free Lunches (wkbw.com)
- Gluten-Free Coupons & Deals (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Gluten Free Spinach Pasta Recipe (glutenfreerecipebox.com)
- 13 Foods You CAN Eat (easyglutenfreelifestyle.wordpress.com)