12 small corn tortillas
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb of sweet potatoes- cut into small chunks
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 can low-sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 cups brown rice
1 can enchilada sauce (8 oz)
Your choice of cheese – 1 cup
1 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 tbsp. chipotle powder
1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
1 cup corn
1 tsp. ground cumin
How to make:
- Heat oven at 300. In a bowl, toss potatoes in 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil and spread out onto a baking sheet. Bake till potatoes are soft and lightly browned. around 20-30 min
- In a large pan, heat up the rest of the olive oil. Add onion, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle. Cook till onion is tender then add beans, peppers and corn. Cook for about 5 more min. Remove 1/2 of corn mix and set aside.
- Put tortillas in oven, wrapped up in foil for 10 min
- Add rice, potatoes and enchilada sauce to pan. Cook for 6 min.
- Place 6 tortillas on baking sheet. Spread the mixture onto the top of the tortillas along with 1/2 cup of cheese. Top it with 6 more tortillas and add the remaining mixture and the remaining cheese on top so your making 2 layers.
- Bake for about 6 more min, until cheese is nice and melted. Top with avocado and cilantro.. =)
(I did not come up with this recipe, I got it out of Self Magazine.)