So, I love protein powders, they keep you full for a long time, they are easy to make and take with you when you’re in a rush and they usually are very easy to drink pretty fast if you have somewhere to be. And they aren’t just for bodybuilders or gym goers, anyone can use them and reap from the benefits.
Protein in general is important to have in your diet because it helps with hunger (you stay fuller longer), energy, getting vital nutrients, helps with insulin control, helps form muscle and lean out, digestion and can also help with weight management.
So Sunwarrior is the brand I’m going to talk about today. The company has many other products like multi vitamins for him and her, a green mix, immunity boosters and of course protein.
The two proteins I have personally tried were the warrior blend chocolate and vanilla flavor. I am lactose intolerant and I have a hard time finding protein powders in general so when I saw that this was vegan I was all over it. The only problem with vegan protein powders is that they either have a shit ton of sugar in it, or they taste like dirt. . . .
When I tried this, I’m not gonna lie, I was scared, I’m always kinda nervous/excited to try new things. But surprisingly it wasn’t bad ! YAY!!
So here is why I love it!
- Organic, Gluten free, dairy free, Non-GMO, Hypo-allergenic, Soy free, Vegan.
- Its a raw protein (not heated over 90 degrees)
- Not grainy or chalky
- Since its made out of with rice protein, pea, hemp seed and cranberry seed protein, its very easily digested and absorbed through the body .
- Naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and other nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium and more.
- No artificial crap! … and I mean nothing!!!
- Grain free so people with a gluten intolerance can have this.
- Nutrient Dense
- Improves cardiovascular functions
- Increases metabolism
- Builds muscle/ helps with weight loss
- Great energy source
- Helps with kidney functions
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol ) and raises HDL (good cholesterol)
*Note: Make sure you mix this with milk, or a milk substitute, not very tasty when mixed with water. (learned that that hard way)