Since I’m eating an entire cucumber right now… lets talk about the benefits =P
- Very high in water. (95% water actually) So they are good for hydration and eliminating toxins that are in your body.
- High in vitamins, and almost all vitamins that you need for the day. Remember to eat the skin (which is high in vitamin C)
- Since its high in vitamins (Including vitamin B) they can be eaten as a snack to help pick you up when you’re body starts to feel tiered. . . . (any food will do this that has a good source of vitamin B by the way…. vitamin b is a mood and energy lifter!)
- Good for you party people out there. . . eat a few cucumber slices before you go to bed after a night of partying and since it has a good source of water, vitamins and electrolytes …. its none to help with hangovers… (haven’t tried this, just heard about it.)
- Can be used as a skin soother for sunburns… like aloe does.
- Not only on the outside does it help with burns though, its a natural heartburn reliever too.
- Good source of silica which can help with joint pain.
- High in fiber so helps aid digestion and keeps ya regular 😉
- Helps with bags under your eyes. (eat it or put slices on your eyes like they do in the movies… )
- cancer fighting food. YAY
- Helps with weight loss because since its a super food (very high-density, high vitamin, and full of fiber and nutrients) you’ll actually feel fuller and wont eat as much.
- The Benefits of Cucumber in Juicing Recipes (bestjuicingrecipe.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Cucumber (calijuiceclub.wordpress.com)
- Cucumber Health Benefits (lowcarb.answers.com)
- Top 10 Cucumber Health Benefits for the Skin (imniltalaviya.wordpress.com)
- Superfood: Cucumbers (agordon228.wordpress.com)
- Cucumber benefits – The Truth about cucumber benefits (karimremix.wordpress.com)