So I love me some Mexican food but when you drench everything in gobs of cheese and green chili, things can get a bit unhealthy. Here is my “healthy version of fajitas!” …. man I love fajitas
- Steak or chicken, cut into strips.
- Green, yellow, red bell peppers
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- Big Romaine lettuce leafs
- Guacamole ( or make your own with about 1 avocado)
- Salsa (the hotter the better!! YUM)
- Low fat cheese (optional)
- Fajita seasoning
- Heat skillet on medium and put a tablespoon of olive oil in skillet
- Cut up peppers and onion into strips. Put into skillet and sauté’. Once they are getting soft add meat strips.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning in mixture.
- Place 3 romaine leafs on plate (these are your “taco shells” and spread guacamole in bottom of “shell”
- Once mixture is cooked, place an even amount of meat and peppers into each “shell”
- Top with salsa and cheese. Serve!
- Easy Rib-Eye Steak Fajita (annascuisine.wordpress.com)
- Summer Fajitas (lgkendrick.wordpress.com)
- Simply Organic Chicken Fajita’s Yumolishous 😉 (kathleenf62.wordpress.com)
- Bon Appetit! Fajitas (life-in-focus.org)
- Recipe Write Up: Guacamole and Mushroom Fajitas (foodielibrarian.wordpress.com)
- Prawn Fajitas with zingy homemade salsa (foodiesagenda.com)
- Chicken Fajitas (sarahlizhousespouse.wordpress.com)
- Tofu Fajitas (thewanderlustkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Raw Fajitas (gingerandlife.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas (nlbfitness.wordpress.com)