Love bell peppers, whether they are in a salad, sautéed, stuffed of just dipped in some hummus… LOVE them!
Why they are awesome:
- Help prevent against cancers, disease, inflammation and cell damage.
- Awesome source of vitamin A and C.
- Very low in calories so virtually you can eat like 3 whole peppers without many calories, plus they are nutrient-dense so they fill you up!
- Skin looks healthy and glowing (because of the Vitamin A and C).
- They are sweet on their own! Great for desert… yes I have ate bell peppers for desert.. call me weird. I don’t care lol.
- There is keratin enzymes in bell peppers, great for keeping eyes healthy.
- Good source of fiber.
How to pick the best!!:
- Find peppers with the brightest colors. The brighter, the more ripe and sweet!
- Cool fact: The green, yellow and orange peppers you see, are actually RED peppers that haven’t ripened yet! What?! I know! Fun little fact! (there is nothing wrong with eating the other colors btw)
- Pick peppers with a glossy shine to them.
How to eat and prepare: YUMMM
- raw dipped in hummus, salsa, or even guacamole.
- sautéed for fajitas
- Cut the top off and stuff them with veggies and rice- bake.
- In salads
- Add to sandwiches.
- Make stir-fry
- Add to soups
- In pasta dishes.
- Grill them – make kabobs!
- And many other ways! Get creative !!! =)
- The Bell Pepper Sex Scandal (showmeoz.wordpress.com)
- Cole Slaw, Cole Slaw Recipe & Chipotle Cole Slaw | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Ruby Red Wednesday – Day 3 of Only Salad for Lunch Week (chefdehome.wordpress.com)
- How To Make THE BEST hummus ever! (foulmouthedfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Southwest Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe (fitstyled.wordpress.com)
- Pepper Bumps: They Mean Something… (plantsomeshit.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers (goodfoodgoodhealth.org)
- Black Bean & Corn Salad (dishingitoutwithclarissa.com)
- Hot Quinoa With Mushrooms & Bell Peppers (deliciouslyelegant.wordpress.com)
- Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe (drinkthepink.wordpress.com)