Whether you’re starting to workout more or eating healthy, you have to know how you function….. You cant expect to do a 180 switch over night, its just not going to happen. And you cant expect miracles to happen in a week either, sure you may drop some weight the first month, but its not going to be super fast. Besides, studies have shown that the slower you actually do loose weight, the easier it will be to keep it off.
- Fitness- So when beginning a new workout or just beginning to workout, you have to learn to read your body. You cant just go from not working out to hitting the gym six times a week, you wont last and you’ll be exhausted. Start off small and then work your way up. Also don’t train a muscle group more that 3 times a week, you’ll over work it and to build and form muscle, they need rest. Muscles form when your actually resting rather than your actually working them. When you work a certain muscle group, it tears the muscle and with the proper recovery time the muscle will rebuild itself making it stronger, leaving you leaner too… hence building muscle. Working out for 4 hours a day is also a big no-no! No more than 2 hours a day of intense exercise is really needed and is really even possible. Sure you may be able to workout for 4 hours but by the second hour your body is going to be drained, overworked and it may even be counterproductive. When you workout that much at an intense level, your body may begin to actually burn off the muscle you just spent time creating because its searching for an energy source (which is usually fat).
- Diet – You cant just go from eating Lucky Charms, foot long subs on white bread with gobs of mayo and mac n cheese with hotdogs to eating healthy overnight as well. Its not that easy, your going to get bored and feel deprived of everything you used to eat. again, take baby steps. Switch out your Lucky Charms for some classic oatmeal, or a new kashi cereal. Then work on getting your sandwiches on whole wheat bread and adding more veggies. Plus, if you explore with foods you’ve never had, or even hated in the past, once you start to switch up your diet, you’ll notice your taste buds start to change. I used to hate… not LOATH grapefruit… I love it now. Same thing with onion, artichoke, and game meats. . . Get on google, pinterest, instagram or even blog to find fun new recipes. =)
- TruChoice Weight Lifting Tip – Don’t Rest When You Rest (truchoicefitness.wordpress.com)
- 9 Ways To Burn Fat Fast (deluxept.com)
- 3 Natural Ways to Lose Weight Without Killing Yourself! (epicahealth.com)
- What Is Physical Fitness? (fitnesshealthexpo.com)
- Some tips For Gaining Muscle And Burning Fat (backyardmedia.org)
- Exploding Out of the Weight Loss Slump (mroulic.wordpress.com)