So you may think they are the same and that your burning the same amount of calories and whatnot, but they are very different. Here are the differences, but both are great for whatever kind of workout you decide to do.
- Since the treadmill belt id moving, it takes less to run, making you run faster.
- Can be great when weather conditions aren’t ideal for running outside (rain, hail, snow etc.. )
- At night time, if you don’t live in the most ideal neighborhoods. – safety
- Air conditioning can make it easier to run faster.
- You can create “hills” using incline. Or using one of the programmed workouts on the treadmill.
- Reduces impact on knees, ankles, feet and joints.
- Running on a treadmill you use more of your quad muscle.
- Can stop any time you want or need too (with the touch of a button)
- You can watch TV while you do it
- If you have kids, this might be easier to be able to watch them while you still get in a workout.
- Natural inclines and weather conditions, make it harder, so you work harder that if you were inside.
- Engages more muscles and requires more energy.
- Running outside you use more of your hamstring muscle.
- You get different sights and views of wherever you are.
- Burn more calories.
- Sweat more (usually) since it takes more energy.
- Cant really stop till you either get to your destination or back to where you started (this is why I mostly run outdoors haha)
- You can go anywhere pretty much, for as long as you want.
- More motivating. I like to set goals on either distance or how long I can go without taking a quick rest.
- You can make fun new routes! (I got the “map my run” app, love it, it tracks distance, how long you go, all kinds of things).
- Why Outdoor Running Is Better Than a Treadmill (weightlossfasttips.com)
- Importance Of Regular Exercise (weightlossfitness123.wordpress.com)
- A Newbie’s Help Guide To Treadmills (weightlosstips501.wordpress.com)
- The Curve – Scariest Treadmill EVER (healthehelen.wordpress.com)
- Is It Better To Run On A Treadmill Or Outdoors? – Choices, Choices (weightforme.net)
- The Advantages Of Buying A Treadmill (shamoutii.wordpress.com)
- Treadmill Talks (suiteparent.wordpress.com)