So I love pizza, don’t get me wrong but it can either be an ok dish or a really horrible dish for you. We’re going to look through their menu and Ill let you know which options are ok, and which options your should just probably steer clear from. =)
Their Chips and salsa are about the only one that isn’t too much like a “meal” in itself. I mean the Sampler platter has almost 1000 calories in itself and that’s half of what your supposed to consume in a day ..
Soups & Salads:
The Chicken Tortilla soup with Green Chili is the better option out of all of them but its still high in sodium.
All the salads should be fine, make sure you get the dressing on the side and even maybe substitute it for an oil based dressing if the salad you choose doesn’t automatically come with it.
- Mediterranean Salad with Chicken
- Harvest Salad w/ Balsamic Chicken
- Classic Chicken Caesar
Sandwiches & Burgers Top Choices include:
- Chicken Wrap
- California Chicken
- Burger, sub with Chicken Breast
- Burger, Old Chicago Plain
Calzone Top Picks: – these still aren’t the best but if you must…
- Chicago Seven
- Chicago Seven Stromboli
Thin crust ,Add on those veggies and it will be better!!!
Pasta Top Choice:
- Classic Spaghetti
There really isn’t much so if you know your going to go there for lunch or dinner, plan out your meals so you know how much your consuming. That way if your super good throughout the day, maybe you can have Old Chicago as a treat!
- Easy Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad (thatlovelylife.com)
- MORENO VALLEY: Portillo’s brings taste of Chicago home (pe.com)
- Theme Park Fuel! (chasetheredgrape.com)
- Simple Ways to Add Pizzazz to Your Salads (thefiteat.wordpress.com)
- Simple and Speedy Weekday Dinner Ideas Your Kids Will Love (redenvelope.com)