I’m a huge garlic fan, and you’ll probably notice most (almost all) my recipes have it in them haha. I love adding garlic to just about anything!!! And here are some of the amazing benefits it can bring to you!!
First of all garlic is a bulb plant and is classified in the same grouping as leeks, onions and chives. The reason why people may stay away from garlic, besides its obvious bad breath factor but it actually travels through your body and can basically leak out your pores. But … who cares its delicious! haha. Plus, if you eat it during a camping trip, its known to repel against mosquitos.
- Helps Clear Acne- This may sound weird but you can rub a crushed up clove over a small pimple and it can be used as a natural topical treatment.
- Can help with athletes foot
- Can help with cold sores
- Reduced Blood Pressure
- Reduces risk of certain Cancers.
- Helps ward off colds and prevent them.
- Can soothe psoriasis – rub some garlic oil over the irritated areas.
- Reduce cholesterol
- Help with allergies- it has an anti-inflammatory property to it.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Can help remove a splinter- yep, you read that right.
- Remedy for respiratory issues.
I’m sure there are many more awesome thing garlic can do as well but these are some of the main things I personally know of! =) eat it up! yummm
- Garlic harvest (occupybustour3.wordpress.com)
- Lower your Blood Pressure with Garlic (swamiramdevmedicine.wordpress.com)
- Natural Cold Remedies (healing.answers.com)
- July 18th Garden Work Day: Harvesting Garlic (campusagriculture.ca)
- Nutritional Ketosis Day 39 (feastwithoutfear.wordpress.com)
- Surprising Benefits of Garlic (ireport.cnn.com)