- Up your Vitamin B! This vitamin helps increase energy production in the mitochondria (which is the main part of our cells)
- Don’t skip breakfast! When you do that your body freaks out and goes into starvation mode. Its called Break-Fast for a reason, your breaking your fast from sleeping. Refuel your body with some good breakfast. Eat within 2 hours of waking.
- Drink Green Tea! It contains smaller amounts of caffeine than coffee and it also has an antioxidant that I cant even pronounce (EGCG) but that antioxidant helps you burn more calories… so drink up!
- Have protein for lunch! It takes you more energy to digest protein than fat or carbs. Protein is crucial for building muscle and well… The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.. But don’t go overboard either.
- Add your spices! anything spicey has been known to rev up the metabolism .. so spice it up! Add some cayenne and some peppers!
- Workout! – doing some cardio will definitely help. Alternate between high intensity and moderate intensity every 5 min, it will keep your body guessing.
- Hit the sack at a decent time. If you don’t rest your body it will be overworked and stressed out. And then you’ll just start packing on the pounds. Figure out a schedule and stick to it.
- This is going to sound weird, but eat A LOT.. haha the more you eat the more your body burns (and that’s if your active and your not eating crappy foods.. don’t try to cheat the system because THAT WILL NOT WORK HAHA) But your basically ensuring your body that you aren’t going to go into starvation mode every time you eat so the more your body will be inclined to “let go of” instead on “hang on to”. Eat every 3 hours or so… and Good Foods! High fiber, nutrient dense foods… not a candy bar and chips.
- Skip the Alcohol – There are studies out there that show that your body will burn off the alcohol BEFORE it burns off the food, sometimes not even getting to the food- leaving it as stored fat.
- Break up your workout into two smaller workouts. That was your get your heart pumping in the morning and later in the day.
- Chill – relax- take a breather. Stress can be a number 1 culprit to weight loss so try not to stress yourself out. Learn different techniques on how relaxing works for you. Maybe its mediation, boxing or even reading a book, figure out what works for you. And then do it!
Spicey Foods! Relax! Workout and pump Iron!