We are going to start off this with a quote from Leonardo Da Vinci “Water is the Driving Force in Nature”.
Water is what fuels is, it makes up two thirds of our weight and without it we would die. Water helps with everything from memory, digestion, focus and .. well pretty much everything. So were going to talk about how non- water (thinks like soda) can impact that, foods with water in them (you get a twofer), how to make water more fun to drink when it gets boring and even tips on drinking more water in general! YAY! Here we go!
Dangers of caffeine, coffee, sodas ….. So caffeine is a natural diuretic, whether it comes from soda, tea or coffee its a diuretic. It causes you to go to the restroom more because it caused your body to excrete through urine. This is especially an issue if its super hot outside or your just in a hot environment because it can cause dehydration more easily. While water does the opposite, keeps you hydrated and you can be out in those climates longer.
Foods with water in them – ohhh natures bounty! I’m just going to list a few. Because there is a TON! Holy Moly. Google that shit! =O
Spice up your water- Flavor it or buy flavored kinds. (again stick to more natural – less sugar and fake crap) add orange or lemon slices to it. OR even other fruits like strawberries and blueberries. Mint is good as well.
Tips on drinking more (water that is ;P )
- Get a fun re-usable water bottle and make it a goal to drink as many of those suckers you can throughout the day! Put a favorite quote or a fun sticker on there to keep you motivated.
- When you go out to eat, make it a goal to drink n entire glass before you place your order, while your waiting for your meal, and then another during your meal.
- Having a glass of water before or while your at a family get together or a company party will help pace you for food, plus you’ll eat less because you’ll be more full.
- Find different waters. There are tons of vitamin enhanced waters out there. Experiment. (stick to the more natural kinds, like HINT water, or Smart water)
- Put a few rubber bands at the bottom of your water bottle, after you finish one move it to the top.
- Make a bet with someone (co-worker, boyfriend, whoever your around) to see who can drink more water throughout the day.
- Keep bottles everywhere. (I have one on my night stand, one in the bathroom by the sink, one in my car, one in my gym bag, one in my locker at work…. ohhh where else can I put one lol???)
- Try to make it a challenge to have a glass every hour on the hour. Make it a game.
- When you have a food craving, drink a glass of water, more than likely your actually thirsty and NOT hungry.
- Drink water while your doing everyday things around the house, after you load a load of laundry, after you do the dishes, While making dinner, While watching tv or a movie. (Sneak water into the movie theatre lol)
- Ways To Drink More Water (springwatertexas.wordpress.com)
- Water (margeauxkrieger.com)
- How to Entice Yourself To Drink More Water (donnageorgeblog.com)
- How Much Water Should You Drink in the Summer? (lorensworld.com)
- Five Simple and Cheap Ways to Jazz Up Your Drinking Water (savings.com)
- Interior Health: “little or no impact to drinking water” after tailings spill (globalnews.ca)