Figured I hadn’t posted a workout in a while.. this will make your glutes burn! But please during these.. watch your form. Its easy to ingjure your back doing a lot of these.
1. Weighted squat -With a DB (dumbbell) or plate hold the weight and let it hang with your arms straight. As you lower into the full squat don’t round your back, arch it and squeeze your butt (glutes) muscles. And come back up! 3 x 15.
2. Smith Squats – put a desired weight onto the smith machine. As you stand at the bar you want to almost be leaning back into the bar so that when you go down it looks like your sitting in a chair made of air. Feet at shoulder width apart, lower yourself as low as you can go (lower the better) and always remember to SQUEEZE! =) As your come back up, don’t lock your knees and stop a the top, go straight back down into the squat until your reps are over. 4×20
3. Roman Deadlift – Form… please watch your form! Your back should not be rounded AT ALL! set a desired weight onto the bar, feel shoulder width apart and slowly lower yourself down. Now as you lower yourself down its almost as if your “paint brushing the bar over your legs”. as your bring the bar all the way down to your feet, come back up still keeping that flat back. NO ARCHIG lol. 3 x 15
4. Cable Kickback – some gyms have a strap specifically for this, some don’t. ( I have my own lol… got it for like $6 bucks at Dicks Sporting Goods …) But you also can use just a basic handle for this too you just have to position your foot so it wont slip out. So strap yourself to the machine, grab ahold of the pole or some cables pulls have a bar you can hang onto for this purpose. and lean forward almost sticking your butt out a little but and kickback your leg .. hence the name. 10 on each side and repeat for other side. do 3 sets.
5. Side Hip Extension – lol I like to call this the dog peeing workout hahah … inappropriate? .. maybe lol. But your doing just that. On all fours, back arched your going to lift one leg up like a dog to a fire hydrant would and as you lower it back down, don’t lower it all the way and push it back up so therefor your not stopping in between each rep. 3 x 20
6. Ball Hip Dips. – LOVE THIS … ok so grab a ball, lay flat on the floor so your in that first position shown. as you lift your hips up it should be an even slope. This (2nd pic) if your actual starting point. Position your feet onto the ball and roll your hips up (its going to feel awkward) but you basically will have a straight line in the air now, don’t dip your butt inwards, keep it squeezed and roll back to that 2nd pic, and repeat. 3 x 20
sore yet??? =)